I am so glad you are joining me! Today I have some amazing projects in addition to a card to share with you that I made using the digital stamps by STAMPLorations.
So glad you joined in the Blog Hop! I am excited to be guest designing for STAMPlorations and showcasing their lovely digi stamps. Comment here and on our guest designers’ personal blogs as well as the STAMPlorations Blog for a chance to win a $15 gift code to use on either the STAMPlorations digital store or main store — winner’s choice..
This one is a super long post so brace yourself!!
I got asked about digital stamps so I have shared a few things here in brief.
WHAT ARE DIGITAL STAMPS & HOW TO USE
Digital stamps (also called Digistamps) are images made available online by companies & illustrators for purchase and/or download by users. After downloading the image, you can print and used on your projects as you please. I encourage you to explore the Digital stamps by STAMPLorations.
ADVANTAGES WITH DIGITAL STAMPS
- Vide range & variety of Images, Sentiments, Designs, Styles & Categories
- Easily available for purchase and/or download
- Instant Delivery, No Shipping charges or location constraints
- Cost less
- Free digital stamps are made available by generous companies & illustrators. You could try a few by STAMPLorations here.
- Easy to change its size or flip it or rotate it or create mirror images or create multiples. It’s also easy to enlarge and use only a portion of the Digital Stamp. All this could be done using simple editors on computers or mobiles.
- Easy to Store, Organize & Retrieve
- You could try online coloring using simple tools on computers or mobiles.
- Build a complex design or whole card scene by using multiple stamps. Techniques like overlapping, masking, partial stamping and overlaying of images / sentiments are easy to do digitally.
- These stamps can be used any number of times and they won’t deteriorate
- No cleaning or maintenance required for stamps
- Easy to share with crafty friends all over the world.
- Can be used on any type of paper, pretty much as traditional stamping. It’s just paper needs to be printer friendly (should not be too thick)
LOOKOUTS WITH DIGITAL STAMPS (You would want to read this)
- You need to have basic knowledge of computers or image editor software (there are many videos and instructions available online on how to use the digital stamps)
- The paper / cardstock needs to be printer friendly
- The printer ink needs to be compatible to your medium of coloring
So here are the projects I created using Digital Stamps by STAMPlorations. I made projects other than a card.
PROJECT No. 1: Name Cards for Tables
For this project I printed an image “Spring Blooms Square Frame” from the “Coffee cup and Spring blooms” Digital Stamp bundle by STAMPLorations.
This bundle consists of 5 gorgeous designs that are so versatile. This set includes designs in oval, circular & square shapes that are both elegant & fun. Additionally there are 5 tags designs that come along with this set.
As mentioned above, after downloading the image I could easily resize the digistamp and made multiple copies of it. I then added names to each copy in a fancy font of my choice. I used ‘MS Word’ for doing all this on my computer.
Once I was happy with my digital images, I printed all the images on a water color cardstock and colored the image using my Zig Real Brush Markers.
I then cut the name cards and folded them to finish the projects.
Are you a Marvel Fan?? If yes, this could be fun for you. My son and I am fans of Marvel universe and we had so much fun coming up names for the cards.
At Table 2 we have –
- Mr. Peter Parker – SpiderMan
- Ms. Carol Danvers – Captain Marvel
- Mr. Bruce Banner – Hulk
At Table 3 we have-
- Mr. Tony Stark – IronMan
- Ms. Natasha Romanoff – Black Widow
- Mr. Wade Wilson – Deadpool
Now which table would you prefer to be at??? Do let me know.
Here you see me making Name cards for Tables, but one could use similar process to print fancy labels as well.
PROJECY No. 2: Fridge magnet & décor for Craft lovers
For this project I printed an image “Spring Blooms Oval Frame” from the “Coffee cup and Spring blooms” Digital Stamp bundle by STAMPLorations. This stamp is from the same set as Project 1 and the process is pretty similar too.
After downloading the image, I resized the digistamp and made another copy of it. I then added some fun crafty quotes to each copy in a fancy font of my choice. I used ‘MS Word’ for doing all this on my computer.
Once I was happy with my digital images I printed both the images on a water color cardstock and colored the image using my Zig Real Brush Markers
I then cut the oval shapes and added a ribbon in the back so that these crafty décors can be hanged. I also added a magnet on the back side to make these multipurpose. Now these can be used as fridge magnets as well or stuck on any metal.
PROJECT No. 3: Bookmark
For this project I printed an image called “Coffee and Roses Textbg Heart” from the “Coffee & Roses” Digital Stamp bundle by STAMPLorations. This bundle consists of 15 amazing images with beautiful roses and cups. This includes 5 tags designs as well.
This particular floral design comes with the background script which adds so much interest to the overall look.
After downloading the image, I resized the digistamp suitable for a bookmark. I used ‘MS Word’ for doing all this on my computer.
Once I was happy with my digital image I printed it on a water color cardstock and colored the image using my water colors.
I then die cut the image using a Stiched banner die and punched a hole on top to add ribbon.
PROJECT No. 4 : Floral Greeting Card for Coffee Lover
For this project I printed an image called “Coffee and Roses Textbg Heart” from the “Coffee & Roses” Digital Stamp bundle by STAMPLorations. This is the same set at the above book mark.
First I printed the image from the “Coffee & Roses” Digital Stamp on a water color cardstock and colored the image using my water colors.
I then added the sentiment in black using the “Thanks a Latte” Phare die by CUTplorations
To finish the card, I adhered the colored panel on to a black card base.
I really feel illustrations by STAMPlorations are simply wonderful and these images used on my project are just a few samples. Stop on over at the Digital Store of STAMPlorations and explore their range of amazing stamps.
Don’t forget to Check out their FREEBIES as well…
Please check out the amazing inspiration that the talented and creative design team has for you on the STAMPlorations Blog:
- BHARATI NAYUDU (Handmade Happiness) – YOU ARE HERE
- ANILA DIKAY (Novel Ideas)
- DEEPTI AGGARWAL (Vishesh Collections)
- ISHANI (Quillish)
- JANE TAYLOR (Purplejet Loves Crafts)
- JULIANNE FOYIL (Handmade by Julianne Foyil)
- KIMBERLY WIENER (wienerhoneymooners)
- STAMPlorations Blog
There are of course a number of other ways one could use the digital stamps. Hope you will try them out. Don’t forget to Tag us with #STAMPlorations on you social media to share with us what you create. We Can’t wait to see what you create.
Do let me know how you like these projects by leaving me comments. I love to read them and I appreciate your time on my blog a lot.