Welcome to my post for the CASology challenge this week. Mother’s day is this week end and we have the perfect cue word to get you ready with you Mother’s day cards.
Here’s my take:
For this card i first stamped this gorgeous butterfly by Tubby Crafts with alcohol marker friendly ink (you can use Memento Tuxedo Black or Tubby Crafty Jet Black) on a white card stock (Use an alcohol marker firendly card stock like Nennah Solar White).
I then colored the image with copic markers and then fussy cut the image leaving a whtite background all around. I then cut two die cuts from the letter “M” using the bold Alphabet dies by Die cuts and more. I also die cut two “M”s out of a craft sheet and then adhered to the paper die cuts.
On a card front which I die cut using wonky rectangle die by Avery elle, I adhered both the die cuts of the letter “M” which already had the foam cuts underneath. And in middle of both the letters I adhered the butterfly with foam squares to match the dimention. I lifted the wings of the butterfly for added interest and more dimenson.
I then added the “i love you ‘ sentiement by MFT Stamps in black to finish the card before adhering it to a card base.
Now it’s your turn to jump into action!
I hope my card inspires you to join us at CASology and gets you to crafting. Do play along with us, just remember to keep it CAS. The following CAS guidelines should be of help when creating your design:
- One main image
- Lots of open space, uncluttered
- Limited layers & embellishments
- Quick & easy to recreate (Note: It may take a while to create a design you like, but once you have that design, making more should be a piece of cake!)
Please check out the awesome CAS cards that the talented design team members and lovely guest designer made to inspire you:
- Bharati Nayudu (you are here)
- Deidre Payne
- Jacquie Southas
- Janet Ribet
- Jen Wills
- Joyce Mehrberg
- Karen Haman
- Melissa Chipperfield
- Sue Symens
Can’t wait to see your creative take on this cue word. Do let me know how you like this card by leaving me comments. I love to read them and i appreciate your time on my blog a lot.
Playing along with a couple of challenges:
- avenue 613 – challenge#221-anything goes
- Always fun challenges – Challenge #109 – For Female or Mom
- Make it Monday challenge- Wings
- The paper girls challenge – Challenge #175 – Typography
- Hather-bitten by the bug2 – Mother’s day
- Here is a place to start – Fav technique : Die cut letters + CAS
- Path of positivity challenge – Challenge#69-Admiration
- Get creative challenges – Challenge #80 – Anything goes
- Cute n crafty challenge – challenge-26-mothers day card
- Artistic inspirations challenges #215 – Anything Goes
- lil patch of crafty friends -Challenge #105 – Anything Goes
Happy Crafting !